Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Taiwan Higher Education Fair 2011

About Taiwan Higher Education Fair

Taiwan Higher Education Fair is a exhibition that directly held by the ministry of education of Taiwan in order to exchange educational between Taiwan and Indonesia and to attract Indonesian students to Taiwan for studies. They provide information about Taiwan and Taiwan higher education, international programs of each universities,  lives in taiwan, and also information about the scholarship application.

This exhibition held once a year. On this year, there was more than 20 best universities and institutes in Taiwan was attended. The 2011 Taiwan Higher Education Fair in Indonesian that organized by the Elite StudyInTaiwan Program Office (ESIT) will be held at three locations including Banda Aceh, Jakarta and Yogyakarta. This is the second time that each of these Taiwan universities have collaborated together to host student recruitment event in Indonesia after successfully held last year. 

  

My Impression for Taiwan Fair 2011

This is the first time for me to participate an international exhibition and I feel happy of it. Actually I don’t really know about Taiwan, but when my sista on campus asked me to participate this exhibition I’m surely say “yeah, I will”. I thinked that I can get many important informations and valueable experiences from this. I can meet taiwanese and talk to them. It will be so exciting. So, there’s no reason for me to not participate this exhibition.

One day before, we were asked to come to the place that this exhibition would be held (AAC Dayan Dawood, Unsyiah, Banda Aceh). I was so disappointed when I know that I just became a committee who keeps the registration interview, not as a booth-companion, a translator, a mediator between visitor and taiwanese (they definitely can talk more). How pity I am?!

Hei, don’t think so serious about that preceding paragraph because on that day (October 1, 2011) I just feel happy and a little tired. Eventhough this exhibition only held one day, but it visited by thousand people of Aceh, including students, university students, lecturers and the civil society. The visitors were so enthusiastic to know all about Taiwan higher education and also to get various souvenir from them.

As my duty, I stayed at registration interview booth with three of my friends and making list of every people who wanted to get scholarship to Taiwan. Almost everyone asked the same question and I had to repeat the same answer about interview’s requirement.

When I got free time, my friend asked me to walk around the Fair. We visited each booth and try to talk to taiwanese, asked them about anything :D I can see that they are so friendly, hand-working, fun-loving, and educated. Taiwan has an outstanding higher education system that provides oppurtunities for international students to study a wide variety of subjects such as engineering, science, medical, etc. Engineering is extremely popular because high-technology manufacturing is the main industry in Taiwan. There are many career oppurtunities for engineering majors in the country. Moreover, there is a significantly students who studied mathematics and computer science.

I was pleasantly surprised to realise I was actually having fun. I loved every minute of it from start to finish. I hope in the future this exhibition also can held every year and they can present this event better with more universities so that it will be more of students from Aceh get scholarship to study in Taiwan. A billion thank to everyone who has organized this event. Wish I can go to Taiwan, someday ^^




0 komentar:

Post a Comment